On 06 March 2015 The Employment Relations Amendment Act came into effect. The key changes include:-
- The Employment Relations Authority has time frames to make determinations; and
- There are significant and profound changes to collective bargaining which include, parties being able to opt out of multi employer bargaining, removing the 30-day rule for new non-union employees, and allowing pay deductions from employees who take part in partial strikes; and
- The controversial issue of confidential information is restricted in the sense that the amendment clarifies the confidential information that employers are obliged to give affected employees in dismissal and redundancy situations; and
- Clarifying the process by which Part 6A “vulnerable employees” are transferred in some industries; and
- How employers and employees should agree on rest and meal breaks; and
- Extending the right to request flexible working arrangements for all employees.
Please call us if you have any questions regarding these important changes.